54 replies to this topic

#51 Big Blooming Blighter

Big Blooming Blighter

Galilean

• Members
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:36 PM

OK, I've got what I need from Unit 1 of studyspanish.com typed up, so I'm going to spend a week or two learning that before I move on.

I'm also going to try to work through Qualia's work here, as much as I can.

You know, I have a better use for this Spanish.

You know when you go in a bar and the girl wants to talk. A few words in Spanish, pretend you don't know a word of english, and the convo should be over very quickly. (Either that or she'll drone on and on and on and on and on)
All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

#52 qualia

qualia

Galilean

• Validating
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:32 PM

Beast: (most Spanish girls speak a little English). Better still, say to the girl: "Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos." ( I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.) That's a really famous line of 'Spanish' poetry and the girls (even if they don't know where it comes from) just love it. Then, (you've got all this organised before hand), you wink to the DJ and he slides Spooky on the turn-tables by that seductive queen of queens Dusty Springfield. OK, it may sound a bit tacky but hell man, with a little practice getting this one together, I bet you end up using that sweet little whispering phrase: "¿me das un francés, por fa?"  8)

#53 Big Blooming Blighter

Big Blooming Blighter

Galilean

• Members
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:54 PM

Nice one. Thanks  :twisted:

Is there a way to remember verb conjugations? I've got the pronouns down, and a few verbs, numbers, weekdays, ser, estoy, and a few other things, but when it comes to conjugating I have to keep looking at my notes.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

#54 qualia

qualia

Galilean

• Validating
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:51 PM

No, I don't have any tricks, although I'm sure there are some. Dedicated practice is something I've never done, but I suppose it's the best remedy.

#55 qualia

qualia

Galilean

• Validating
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 03:40 PM

Una Poema
Qualia

Poder

Puedo
Puedes
Ella Puede