7 replies to this topic

#1 The Heretic

The Heretic

ironic nihilist & cheerful pessimist

• Members
  • 3,281 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

If you bet on my picks last week, your money back, but alas: no guarantee was made last week. :whistle:

Onto with week 2:

Games of the Week
Bears @ Packers

The Bears aren't as stout as the 49ers are on defense, but then again the Packers will have problems with the Bears' passing offense. But the Packers redeem themselves in a tight one.

Packers by 3

Lions @ 49ers

The Lions were not very good last week (4 turnovers and benchings), so they need to be ultra-poised and disciplined in order to beat the 49ers. QB Stafford will not have much room to run or pass against that ferocious D.

49ers by 7

Ravens @ Eagles

QB Vick was horrible last week, and he can't afford a repeat vs the solid Ravens D. If the Eagles remember they have a great RB on their team and use him, the game will be close. But the Ravens roll easily behind QB Flacco & his new no-huddle offense.

Ravens by 7

Rest of the Week

Chiefs @ Bills

Both teams shit the bed last week, but the Chiefs are getting two key guys back in Hall & Flowers. Plus the Bills aren't getting RB Jackson back anytime soon, and they still start QB Fitzpatrick. :banghead:

Chiefs by 8

Browns @ Bengals

Although the Browns were respectable on defense vs the Eagles, they're facing a far more balanced team in the Bengals, and the Browns are weak upfront. All the Bengals have to do is stop QB Weeden.

Bengals by 10

Vikings @ Colts

QB Luck will have to evade the Vikings' strong pass rush, and if he does, he'll shred their shitty coverage defense. But All Day Adrian seems to be ahead of schedule with his knee, so the Vikings pull this out late.

Vikings by 3

Raiders @ Dolphins

QB Tannehill was the absolute dogs dropping last week. He'll be ground fertilizer after the Raiders smear him into the grass.

Raiders by 7

Cards @ Patriots

Despite a solid pass rush, the Cards' inferior linebackers & secondary will not offer much resistance to the multi-dimensional Patriots offense. Moreover, their offense will not be able to keep up.

Patriots by 14

Bucs @ Giants

Giants are out for blood after stewing for 10 days. However, their shitty secondary can be had, & QB Freeman is no slouch, so QB Manning absolutely has to come out with guns firing.

Giants by 4

Saints @ Panthers

The Panthers are weak up front, so the Saints should gash them with draw plays. I expect QB Brees to hand it off 40 times this game. However, the Panthers are coming off a loss themselves, and QB Newton is out for blood as well. Too bad his defense won't help him.

Saints by 4

Texans @ Jaguars

Thanks to a hobbled OL, the Texans will not have problems getting to the Jags' QB swiftly. Also, RB Foster will exploit the Jags' soft run defense.

Texans by 8

Cowboys @ Seahwawks

Despite the Seahawks' powerful homefield advantage, the Cowboys are the more talented team from top to bottom. If the Cowboys' OL controls the trench, they take the game. QB Wilson has promise, but he's going to run for his life vs that Dallas front.

Dallas by 6

Skins @ Rams

The Rams' D has plenty of playmakers, and they'll control QB RGIII on bootleg plays.  Plus their corners can jam the Skins' WR at the line. The Redskins' RB must help out their rookie QB, and I feel RB Jackson will control the clock & QB Bradford will play it safe and seal the win.

Rams by 3

Jets @ Steelers

Are the Jets that good or were their opponent that horrible? We should be able to tell after 2 weeks, but the Steelers' roster is too riddled with injuries. It might not even be close.

Jets by 10

Titans @ Chargers

WR Britt will open up the Titans' offense, and help RB Johnson find room to run. The Chargers are solid, but their shitty OL will not stop the Titans' front from controlling the trenches.

Titans by 6

Broncos @ Falcons

The top 2 passing offenses should spell a shootout. The Broncos took advantage of a shitty Steelers D, but the Falcons are home and they have RB Turner to diversify their high-octane offense.

Falcons by 4

Edited by The Heretic, 13 September 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#2 davidm

davidm

Galilean

• Members
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:20 AM

View PostThe Heretic, on 12 September 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

If you bet on my picks last week, your money back, but alas: no guarantee was made last week. :whistle:

Where's my four hundred dollars? :angry:
"History, which is a simple whore, has no decisive moments but is a proliferation of instants, brief interludes that vie with one another in monstrousness."

-- Benno von Archimboldi :twisted:

#3 The Heretic

The Heretic

• Members
  • 3,281 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Florio from PFT disagrees with me on Broncos, Chargers, Steelers, and Redskins. He finished 11-5 last week, the prick.

I will check later today with Peter King and tomorrow for Bill Simmons' picks.

#4 davidm

davidm

Galilean

• Members
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

I supposed if I had listened to him I wouldn't have dropped four hundred smackeroos. :angry:
"History, which is a simple whore, has no decisive moments but is a proliferation of instants, brief interludes that vie with one another in monstrousness."

#5 The Heretic

The Heretic

• Members
  • 3,281 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

FYI, Peter King likes the Buccaneers, Colts, Bills, Redskins, Steelers, and Chargers.

#6 The Heretic

The Heretic

• Members
  • 3,281 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

Parity abounds!

Hmm, despite another shellacking this weekend, there are 19 teams with a win and a loss. 20 after tonight's matchup. This unusual start to the season only adds intrigue and mystery!

#7 davidm

davidm

Galilean

• Members
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

I lost more money because of you. :angry: You should never have cut off your fro. :finger:

#8 The Heretic

The Heretic

• Members
  • 3,281 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice... :lol:
Week three picks up tonight.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NFL, Predictions, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic