This site is supported by Nobility Studios.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Learn Spanish

Question

Posted

I'm just practising some pronunciation exercises. Apparently 'r' in Spanish is either rolled or sounds more like dd than the english 'r'.

However, when they say it in the audio files, I'm hearing a sound that sounds a lot like an english 'r'. Can anyone explain the Spanish pronunciation of 'r' when it isn't rolled?

54 answers to this question

Posted

Beast: (most Spanish girls speak a little English). Better still, say to the girl: "Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos." ( I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.) That's a really famous line of 'Spanish' poetry and the girls (even if they don't know where it comes from) just love it. Then, (you've got all this organised before hand), you wink to the DJ and he slides Spooky on the turn-tables by that seductive queen of queens Dusty Springfield. OK, it may sound a bit tacky but hell man, with a little practice getting this one together, I bet you end up using that sweet little whispering phrase: "

Posted

Nice one. Thanks :twisted:

Is there a way to remember verb conjugations? I've got the pronouns down, and a few verbs, numbers, weekdays, ser, estoy, and a few other things, but when it comes to conjugating I have to keep looking at my notes.

Posted

No, I don't have any tricks, although I'm sure there are some. Dedicated practice is something I've never done, but I suppose it's the best remedy.

Posted

Una Poema

Qualia

Poder

Puedo

Puedes

Ella Puede

El Puede y usted puede

Podemos

Pod