This site is supported by Nobility Studios.

Introduce yourself here...

924 posts in this topic

Posted

Welcome to TGL. Feel free to invite others from universities or spread the word if you think the site is worth supporting.

Posted

With the end of the mind-crushing torture that is the examination season, I am free to devote my time to intellectual pursuits, such as paying proper attention to this website. Hello to all libraryites.

Welcome! You're very lucky indeed for having finished all your exams...

Posted

Wow! Welcome to all the new users. I see most are already posting which is great.

Posted

Welcome all! :o Ah, a Borges and Hamsun lover!

Posted

Hello everybody. I've been lurking on the boards for quite a while but Hugo coaxed me into signing up.

Posted

Welcome Rusty. (*Still need a waving-hand Smiley, Scotty.*)

Posted

I forgot to introduce myself.

Hi. I am a philosophy nerd. I don't know what else to say. :p

Posted

Welcome Lamp! :o

Posted

Welcome to Rusty and lamp. Don't forget (for all new users) that you can also tell us how you got here. We're looking at how word gets around (if indeed it does), hence the other thread.

Posted

hey!

i am broccoli. but actually my name is christine. i am from latvia. umm, something else?...

Posted

Welcome to our library, Christine!

Enjoy.

I'll probably make you post more next time. :p

Posted

Welcome Broccoli/Christine from Latvia! 8)

Posted

Welcome, Christine-broccoli. I hope you'll enjoy it here.

But I've got to ask: why 'broccoli'? 'Tis not the most obvious choice of vegetable...

Posted

But I've got to ask: why 'broccoli'? 'Tis not the most obvious choice of vegetable...

She chose "broccoli" because I called her "broccoli" just a few minutes before she signed up. :wink:

Posted

Hi, Christine. I guess i consider the relative lack of female members here a failure, so you're very welcome.

Posted

She chose "broccoli" because I called her "broccoli" just a few minutes before she signed up. :wink:

muawahahahha=))

yeah. i am too lazy to make up my own nick name. but broccoli isn't a bad choice, right;p?

Posted

No it's not a bad choice.

Just go post now before I rummage Latvia for you! :wink:

Posted

maddog here. I met Hugo a couple of other places (IIDB, the original FF/GH/HH, Ebla, FF) and he recently re-extended an invitation to come here. Thanks again, Hugo. Nice to see all of you.

Posted

Welcome, Maddog. :)

Posted

Hey - I'm Barry. Disquieter invited me but don't hold it against him - he's a very clever and nice guy.

I'll be your resident fatalistic theophobe who may, ever so occasionally, say something worth listening to. Well, definitely the first bit - dont hold your breath for the second bit.

Posted

Welcome to you, Disquieter and maddog.

Posted

Theophobe? Don't you mean theophile?

Posted

Theophobe? Don't you mean theophile?

No, I fear God.

Posted

Well, theophobe implies also a strong dislike or aversion. You believe in God but dislike Him as well? Or just fear him? But isn't someting fearful almost inhernetly dislikable? Maybe you'd like to start a thread on this subject.

Posted

Greetings, all, from the bottom of the Peach State.

I'm Barefoot Bree, yes-Bree-is-my-real-first-name, no-it's-not-short-for-anything, yes-I'm-usually-shoeless, did I miss anything? 8)

I wandered over here from Internet Infidels, with stops along the way in other forums. I'm frankly tired of the mindless babble and pointless posturing so common on many forums, and I'm very glad to find one with such a higher-minded outlook. I very much enjoyed Hugo's Introduction to Philosphy series when he was posting it on II, and my first priority is to dive back in and finish that series. And I'm looking forward to enjoying some fascinating deep discussions.

Not that I'll likely join in at first. I'm an untutored hick, never been to college, only just now sitting up and taking notice of the big wide intellectual world after shooting out a couple of puppies. Kids, I mean, children! :oops:

Will you let me listen in on your conversations if I keep you supplied with brownies? :wink: