This site is supported by Nobility Studios.

Introduce yourself here...

924 posts in this topic

Posted

There is definitely an inspirational connection.

Posted

Hi buddies! B)

I'm Sugoi, though family and friends better know me as Lohitzune (that's actually my real name ;)), as you see is a little rare name... it's Basque, like myself :D

And... what more can I say... Oh yes!! That I'm 3rd grade philosophy student (yeah, here the grade takes four years and 1 the masters degree) specially interested in philosophy of mind and language, and, of course, the greats as Nietzsche, Kant, Hume, Schopenhauer, etc.

I think that's all for now, you'll know more when I dare to post something likely to be interesting... See ya!

Posted

Welcome to our community, Sugoi. :) I hope there's plenty here for you to get involved with and maybe we can talk about Basque identity some time.

Posted

Thanks for the welcome and, yes, I'll be pleased to talk about whatever you want, including Basque identity (or other identities around here) ;)

Posted

Hello

Aside from my alias, "Chato," derived from my dog, I go by the name of Dave. I'm a part time photographer who actually makes his living by repairing boilers. I found this site by a random search in Google. I'm pleased to join...

Dave

Posted

Hello

Aside from my alias, "Chato," derived from my dog, I go by the name of Dave. I'm a part time photographer who actually makes his living by repairing boilers. I found this site by a random search in Google. I'm pleased to join...

Dave

Hey guy, welcome to you and your canine friend. Have fun :)

Posted

Hello

Dave

Hey guy, welcome to you and your canine friend. Have fun :)

Since the real Chato is almost as big as I am, and writes most of my posts, you might as well reverse the order of welcome... B)

Besides, he's studied Zen, and is an acknowledged "Master."

CHATO46.JPG

Dave

Posted

Great pictures, Chato - welcome to our community. We need a thread about our dogs. :)

Posted

Great pictures, Chato - welcome to our community. We need a thread about our dogs. :)

Are you referring to my human, "Dave?" Difficult to train at best. I want to go to Plum Marsh every day, but he refuses to give up the car keys. Suggestions welcome...

Chato

1 person likes this

Posted

Since your dog looks like a Great Pyrenees, Dave, I'm wondering if he speaks Basque.

Posted

Since your dog looks like a Great Pyrenees, Dave, I'm wondering if he speaks Basque.

Looks can be deceiving. 500 years ago they crossed my dog with a Spanish (Basque?) Mastiff and created the Great Pyrannese. Chato is something called a "Kuvasz." This is a Hungarian dog. He refuses to obey my every whim because of my lack of the Hungarian language. On the other hand, I have a firm business deal with him, and this keeps things running smoothly. In fact, making a deal with a Kuvasz is the only way to get them to do anything. The breeder I bought him from, warned me that, "A Kuvasz always does the right thing, and the right thing is whatever a Kuvasz wants to do." :D

Dave

Posted (edited)

Hello I am smile shine, I was told there was a private creative writers group here that I could submit my stuff to, I was recommended this place by davidm from another forum.

I am looking for davidm as I have no idea what I am doing or where to go.

Any advice or encouragement would be gratefully received.

All the best, smile shine, to please is the pleasure

Edited by smile shine
1 person likes this

Posted

Hello I am smile shine, I was told there was a private creative writers group here that I could submit my stuff to, I was recommended this place by davidm from another forum.

I am looking for davidm as I have no idea what I am doing or where to go.

Any advice or encouragement would be gratefully received.

All the best, smile shine, to please is the pleasure

:welcome: smile shine. I am at your disposal.

The creative writing forum is here, and it is private, viewable only to members who are logged in.

Posted

The creative writing forum is here, and it is private, viewable only to members who are logged in.

davidm I am just going to post Shamiel the original and then my edit, I have the whole thread if you wish for me to post anything else from it like your start of your edition. I can not just take the credit for the conception.

So when you are ready we can get into it some.

All my thanks.

Posted

davidm I am just going to post Shamiel the original and then my edit, I have the whole thread if you wish for me to post anything else from it like your start of your edition. I can not just take the credit for the conception.

So when you are ready we can get into it some.

All my thanks.

If you have actually saved the whole thread, I think you should post that. You should divide it up so that yiour posts and my posts are clearly indicated, maybe be putting our names over them in bold face or something like that.

Posted

Welcome to our community, smile shine. I look forward to reading your work. :)

Posted

Smile Shine, have you saved all the threads and posts fronm that forum, by chance?

Posted (edited)

Hoi everyone!

A long time ago in a forum far, far away...

Davidm said I could could come here to continue a group, but it wasn't long ago actually.

I, like sunshine, am very new to this place

I'll adjust?

Hopefully

See y'all

around

love,

<ole

edit: mister kitten was my user name on philforum...I am a cat; a bunny rabbit sometimes. I hope to become a tree one day.

Edited by Root
1 person likes this

Posted

I look forward to you reading me and hopefully working with me sometime smile sun shine.

Posted (edited)

Smile Shine, have you saved all the threads and posts fronm that forum, by chance?

Not even some, but did try to put most of the full thread in my Shamiel post.

Thanks for recommending this place davidm, it feels nice already.

Edited by smile shine

Posted

Hoi everyone!

A long time ago in a forum far, far away...

Davidm said I could could come here to continue a group, but it wasn't long ago actually.

I, like sunshine, am very new to this place

I'll adjust?

Hopefully

See y'all

around

love,

<ole

edit: mister kitten was my user name on philforum...I am a cat; a bunny rabbit sometimes. I hope to become a tree one day.

Great to meet you root, lets plant some seeds, why not spread your Leaf here.

Check this place out, not just a creative writing arena, not half bad.

Will see you where ever we settle.

The sun shine will smile on you always.

smile shine

Posted

Hello and Greetings!

I'm Rodney, checking in from Orlando, FL. Looking forward to sharing interesting ideas and insights.

Posted

My belated introduction:

Hello,

I’m from central Texas. I used to read political rags and books and kept up on current affairs. I participated in a political forum until it was unfulfilling. Then I participated in a philosophical forum until its course was run.

Now I’m here. For years I’ve been completely out of touch. I’ve been tentatively participating in creative writing, knowing that I probably lack the skills, and definitely lack the discipline. But I think I make up for those inadequacies, with unbridled, passionate, apathy.

Posted

:welcome: chad. Nice to see you here. I like your creative writing very much.
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm no writer, but it seems to me that development through many, many iterations is the only way to develop in any craft (or any technology). That also explains why I'm not a writer :)

1 person likes this