This site is supported by Nobility Studios.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

And Where I'VE Been

7 posts in this topic

Posted

(With apologies to PoL for borrowing his fine thread title.)

Some of you are aware that for the past few years I've been working from home, and was even able to take my job with me across country last November.

Sadly, that is no longer my situation. Due to some serious setbacks in the company I work for (lost several large accounts), the boss cut my hours back to a mere fraction of "full time". He was about to let me go altogether, but I talked him into letting me keep the main activity I'm responsible for, and do it part time in whatever few hours it takes. The last two-week time sheet had a grand total of 8.5 hours.

Therefore, I had to go back into the real world and find a real job. I fell into a position in the company my husband works for now. It's a good job; the only drawbacks are the stupid commute (25 miles right into and through the heart of downtown) and the fact that hubby and I are on opposite shifts, with just one car between us. Makes for some interesting shuffles. I can take public transport if needed, but it's almost 2 hours (bus/train/bus) each way. Bother that.

So, this is a long rambling way of saying I'm not going to be able to be around here much for the foreseeable future. I'll keep popping in when I can, but it's likely to be only once a week or so.

Hugo, perhaps you might want to revoke my Tavern Wench status, since I won't be able to stay on top of the forum. Not that there's ever been anything for me to do, anyway. I do love this pleasant, polite, intelligent forum. (Well, most of the time, anyway. But I'm never involved in that kind of forum administration, anyway. Which is fine with me.)

Posted

I hope you manage to sort out the travel arrangements and good luck with your new job. At least you can get some good reading done if you use public transport.

Posted

I still think you should stay on as Tavern Wench, though.

Posted

That sucks, Bree. Hopefully you can find an arrangement that will be more conveniant for you.

Posted

Yeah, this is too bad but I understand. Hopefully, everything works out. Good luck - real life is a bastard sometimes.

Posted

Ooooooooooh how CUTE!!!! I want the pickup version! :gymnast: