This site is supported by Nobility Studios.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

i'm new

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, I am Niven. I am new. I stumbled across this site when I was researching Kirilov and suicide and read Hogo's thoughts on Kirilov and God. I am a PhD candidate at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia.

Niven

Posted

:welcome:Niven. Please feel free to post your thoughts on this topic.

Posted

I'm not sure if I am ready to contribute to the comments. Everyone seems to know so much. I will, let me get my bearings first.

Niven

Posted

Hiya, Nivan. I wouldn't worry about it. Instead, jump in, for afterall, that does seem like a good and fun way to start swimming :D Oh, and if anyone ever tells you they 'know so much', they're fools. Welcome to the place of few, but ever so much...

Posted

Hi, I am Niven. I am new. I stumbled across this site when I was researching Kirilov and suicide and read Hogo's thoughts on Kirilov and God. I am a PhD candidate at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia.

Niven

Skippy, you're more than qualified to take on everyone at this site.

I'm a philosophy BA graduate, and so is Cam, Dave and Qualia do philosophy in their spare time, and I'm not sure about the others (or they'd prefer me not to say :wink: )

Get in those forums and get posting, Mister!

8)

Posted

I'm not sure if I am ready to contribute to the comments. Everyone seems to know so much. I will, let me get my bearings first.

Niven

We know nothing! :o

The whole point here is to exchange, and learn from one another. So whip out those posts! :whipped:

Posted

... Oh, and if anyone ever tells you they 'know so much', they're fools.

:grin2:

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool. - Shakespeare

The fool who knows his foolishness, is wise at least so far. But a fool who thinks himself wise, he is a fool indeed. - The Dammapada

Posted

Welcome nivenkumar. I'm Parody of Language and I know everything. What can I help you with today?

Posted

You fool!

:evil:

Posted

I'm only 16 but I have 200 posts...

Posted

I'm only 16 but I have 200 posts...

Tell me, Oneiromancy, do your dreams come true? :wink: And I thought that I read elsewhere that you were 22. (Truly, the rhyme was unintentional. Is there a philosophical theory regarding that I should know about?)

Celestia

Posted

Do my dreams come true? Usually, but not if it concerns love. :D

Posted

Okay, after such vociferous encounragement, I will definitely endeavour to post something. But I'll have to do that a little later. I am in the midst of putting finishing touches to a paper I have to deliver at a conference on Thursday (Aussie time - I think we are a day ahead). But I'll be back.

Niven