This site is supported by Nobility Studios.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anniversary

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I just want to mention that I am about to celebrate a major anniversary, two actually. Yesterday, Oct. 1st, marked the 18th anniversary of my service in my present parish. Oct. 3rd will mark the 25th anniversary of my ordination as a Lutheran minister. The congregations are having a potluck on Sunday in honor of those events.

There is a certain irony in this. At the conclusion of my seminary education my certification for ordination was delayed by the certification committee. They doubted that I had the right stuff to be a Lutheran pastor. Oddly enough, quite a few of my classmates, about whom no such suspicions were raised, have since left the ministry, and I am still plugging along. Go figure.

Angakuk

Posted

Happy anniversaries, Angakuk. :)

Posted

I imagine it takes a very special kind of dedication and perseverance to get through what sometimes must be quite a demanding vocation, both psychologically, intellectually and 'existentially' speaking. So it comes as no surprise to read that so many of your peers decided to pursue other ways of life. The spiritual guide is not the path or adventure for many folk nowadays, especially in a society which often places more value on the authentic fake of gold watches, plush houses and fast silver cars, than ever having to significantly trouble oneself with that authentic original of one's own self or that of others. I congratulate you, Mr. A and wish you all the best. I'm sure I speak for most of us here when I say, I'm proud to have such an outstanding individual as part of the TGL project.

Posted

I was trying to come up with some appropriate quote and the greetings after I