This site is supported by Nobility Studios.

Greets and Avatar

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings to all the erudite folks on this forum

:)

I am newbie, and came across this forum pursuing some internet searches about 'demarcation problem'. Will read with interest and interact although I have a little time to write down my thoughts most days (they travel too fast for me to grasp most of them, and only concentrate on those thoughts which I must explicitly express to meet my deadlines)

Most thoughts just go through, luckily, otherwise the mind would be too congested to do real contemplation which is what I enjoy most (let the mind think while I just watch it, that kind of thing)

:rolleyes:

I am having an issue with the Avatar, havent worked out how to upload the avatar, when I select 'edit avatar' I only get one option ticked (hide avatar) but no option 'select avatar' or 'upload your avatar' which is what I would expect. Is it just a temporary default for this forum?

:?:

And Yes, I love smileys!

:clown:

til next

best to all

PDM

Posted

If you go to "User CP" at the top of the forum, then select "edit avatar" in the menu on the left, you should be able to upload an avatar. If not, i will check the options and enable this.

Welcome to TGL, Pgalaxy.

Posted

Thanks Hugo

Nope, when I go to 'edit avatar' I see only one option which is selected by default

I have no option to deselect it or upload it. I

However, as you seem to have some important work to do elsewhere, please do not worry AT ALL about this. I have uploaded a pic OK, the avatar can wait! do take care

Posted

Well, i checked and it works fine for me and for a test user. Is anyone else having this problem?

Posted

I appear to be having the same problem. As you can see, my avatar is not showing up with my posts. The only options available at edit avatar are "save changes"and "reset fields". Although the "save changes" option is available, there does not appear to be anyway to input changes so they can be saved.

Angakuk

Posted

I happen to be having the same problem too :(

Posted

Me too.

AllBlue

Posted

I am also having this problem. I thought there might have been some obscure necessity to first upload a profile image, which, oddly enough, is listed separately, but completing that task does nothing to the avatar options.

Daniel

Posted

I had no problems with the avatar options, but given that others have problems, this must be an issue of permissions for different users (admins, mods, regular users).

Sorry, I can't do diddley poo, because only admins can change the avatar options. Maybe davidm can help here.

Posted

I'm afraid I have no clue. This whole interface is comepletely new to me. I think dedmatafor might be able to help, as he is the one working on this.

Posted

I think I've fixed the permissions now so please can you all try again? Sorry it took me so long to get to.

Posted

Works! Oh how the little things can so loom.

Posted

Way to go Hugo. :)

Posted

OOKK

thanks!