This site is supported by Nobility Studios.

Welcome Back, Hugo!!!

11 posts in this topic

Posted

After your emergency trip home, I heard that you indeed had to go back to Afghanistan, but a little birdie told me that your four months' tour (or thereabouts) was now up and you had returned home safely. HOORAY! It's a relief to know that you are back and that you are OK. Many thanks for your service (the service and dedication are much appreciated, even if people disagree on the policy of intervening there in the first place).

The relief and jubilation of having you back is tempered somewhat by knowledge that others are still there or will be going there soon, in either theater of operations. Today at my aunt's church, one of the members was asking for prayers and well-wishes for a relative who had already been to Iraq once, and came home to a divorce. He now has been informed that he will have to go back to Iraq, probably for at least a year, leaving his four children in the care of the ex-wife. Very sad. Luckily, the Brits are not doing this insane multiple-tour with no relief business. Four months and out is MUCH more humane.

With many heartfelt good wishes,

maddog

Posted

Welcome back, Mr. Hugo! :cheers1:

Now start posting more often! :x

Posted

Of course, I tell that to everyone. :)

Posted

Now start posting more often! :x

Uh-oh.

Of course, I tell that to everyone. :)

Nice save.

Posted

Thanks for the welcome. As I said to Ang, six months is a normal tour but I joined the Unit part-way through and returned with the advance party to organise some later events, hence my being back now. I don't envy the length of tours US servicemen have to go on.

I don't know how long it will stay on their server but here is a picture of me with a journalist who very nearly got us both killed.

Posted

Great to see you back, guy. Next time, shoot the journalist :D

Posted

I don't know how long it will stay on their server but here is a picture of me with a journalist who very nearly got us both killed.

Journalists suck. Believe me, I know.

Posted

:rock: I'm glad you're back for selfish reasons: now you can respond to my rant-a-thons and put up brilliant deconstructive posts for us all to read. :lol:

Posted

Now that the conditional has been replaced, a song for Hugo. Glad you're back safe in 'England’s green and pleasant land.'

Posted

nice to hear you made it back in one piece, mate :).

Posted

Wonderful that you are back home!