This site is supported by Nobility Studios.

How did you get here?

136 posts in this topic

Posted

It would be helpful for us to know how you found your way here, particularly so we can understand how word is getting around (if it is). If you have any ideas for making the site more widely known, too, they would be appreciated.

Posted

Simple. I followed Hugo's trailblazing on discussion boards and found myself here.

I met the distinguished admin on iidb and, after much discussion about whose basketball skills would prove the other's defensive inadequacies without a shade of doubt, befriended him.

Posted

Hi hi hi there!

Just researching for an essay I have due in a few weeks' time on free will and determinism(I'll be asking for your ideas in due course about that) and found myself here, probably, I think, as the result of a google search.

Anyway, lovely to be here. And before I go (GRATUITOUS PLUG): www.grovesofacademe.com. Tis a fairly similar site to this one. We could have a good collaboration.

Posted

Hi hi hi there!

Just researching for an essay I have due in a few weeks' time on free will and determinism(I'll be asking for your ideas in due course about that) and found myself here, probably, I think, as the result of a google search.

Anyway, lovely to be here. And before I go (GRATUITOUS PLUG): www.grovesofacademe.com. Tis a fairly similar site to this one. We could have a good collaboration.

Posted

I got here because I ran into Hugo on infidels.org. Seems like a long time ago now.

:)

Posted

I wanted to read something about Galelio Galilei. Hence, I did research about him on the internet. That's how to stumbled upon this site. I was amazed at first, because the search engine showed "The Galilean Library". I was asking myself "What is this?". I followed my curiosity, and became a member of the Academy.

Posted

Heard about the place from friends at uni. One found it while he was bored before exams.

Posted

Philosophy made me register. :)

Posted

I woke up with a headache and severe memory loss.

The last thing I remember is going into the Kwik-E-Mart and Apu falling over, as if made from carboard.

Nah, I was given a link at IIDB. 8)

Posted

A guy on judoinfo.com made a post about it.

By the way, hi thebeast

Posted

Welcome to TGL, Andreas. :)

Posted

Hey, it worked.

Soon we will have zem all vhere ve vant zem

:wink: Don't be put off by the lack of posts - dive in and stir stuff up 8)

Posted

Eh, is this Fleur Delacour's accented English?

Posted

I came across this group because of a link to the "Strains of Naturalism" topic provided by mosaic in a comment he posted to Victor Reppert's "dangerous idea" blog. I skimmed through the "Strains" discussion; I very much enjoyed the quality of the postings there. I then perused other parts of this site; I enjoyed the tenor of the assorted goings-on, and, well, now here I am.

Michael

Posted

Eh, is this Fleur Delacour's accented English?

What? No this is TheBeast's wondrous grasp of ze German language.

We should say ve, BTW

Posted

I came across this group because of a link to the "Strains of Naturalism" topic provided by mosaic in a comment he posted to Victor Reppert's "dangerous idea" blog. I skimmed through the "Strains" discussion; I very much enjoyed the quality of the postings there. I then perused other parts of this site; I enjoyed the tenor of the assorted goings-on, and, well, now here I am.

Michael

Welcome to TGL, Michael. :)

Und ve hav vays of makink you post too. Just look at TheBeast. :p

Posted

Yes - welcome, Michael. I'm glad someone enjoyed my musings on naturalism and that at least someone benefitted from that link.

Posted

Michael

Welcome to TGL, Michael. :)

Und ve hav vays of makink you post too. Just look at TheBeast. :p

You mean you made me post, or looking at me makes people post? :?

Posted

I'm sure both work equally well.

Posted

Then I shall switch off my webcam and watch your beloved site die.

DIE! Like the sky seen from a sty when the end is nigh...er...ny

:lol:

Posted

They may not know it, but a few members here wrote me suggesting I'd be welcome here. So, here I am.

Posted

I got here thanks to Philosophy... he just won't quit bugging =P.

Seriously though, I'm glad he gave me the link and bugged me. I think I could learn an awful lot here.

Posted

I got here thanks to Philosophy... he just won't quit bugging =P.

Seriously though, I'm glad he gave me the link and bugged me. I think I could learn an awful lot here.

"bug" is an exaggerated word for this situation, mifairlady... :roll:

I simply just suggested that you come here and discuss with us! :)

Posted

Well, I stumbled across this place googling for material on rhetoric for a course I was putting together - and was mightily impressed. :)

Splendid site, chaps - I particularly like the little lunar animation at the beginning.

Personally, I would have had the lunar disk morph into a freeze frame of Frankie Howard going 'Ooooh', but then it would have rendered the Galilean theme surreal. So forget I said that.

Posted

Welcome again, Alexius. Did you find anything worth including for that course? If so, how was it received by your students?

Frankie Howard was an option early on but we couldn't trace his lineage back to Galileo. Don't think i didn't try to do likewise for Dan Carter.