This site is supported by Nobility Studios.

How did you get here?

136 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll be referring students to the essays on rhetoric, logic and the fallacies, as they are a good, friendly introduction to the topic. They provide a good inroad towards the magnificient Sylva Rhetoricae, which despite its lovliness is too damn scary for most people new to the field.

Posted

I stumbled here from Wikipedia of all places.

Posted

Someone at www.physicsforums.com had posted a link about this site. That site's traffic is massive.

Posted

I also reached here via Wikipedia, the link on their Analytic Philosophy page to an article here.

Posted

:welcome: fbkintinar.

Posted

An acquaintance from another web forum linked me here. I've enjoyed reading most of the posts and manuscripts.

My primary interests are moral philosophy, American law, and philosophy of science. I'm not very good in any of those specializations, btw.

And I'm from Phoenix, Arizona, USA.

Posted

Hey welcome, another Arizonan! There's a lot of interest here in philosophy of science, so I'm sure you'll find people who will be happy to discuss it. And moral philosophy is one of my interests, though I haven't read a lot of what is "current".

Posted

I found this site after following the links page at Talk Design.

Posted

I found this site after following the links page at [url=http://www.talkreason.org/]Talk Design[/url'].

Hey Nocturne,

Just curious. . . which link on that page led to another one which led here? I went to the links page on that site and couldn't find this one directly, so I either missed it or you got here through a link from another site that was linked on that page.

I'm curious because that site doesn't seem like the kind of site that would link directly to this one.

Again, welcome.

Posted

I'm curious because that site doesn't seem like the kind of site that would link directly to this one.

The link is certainly there, under Teleological Arguments for God's Existence. The link directs to a specific thread started by davidm.

Posted

The link is certainly there, under Teleological Arguments for God's Existence. The link directs to a specific thread started by davidm.

Oops, sorry, I missed that. My apologies.

Posted

I was referred to here by a Google search when I searched for philosophy lessons.

Posted

Welcome TheHammer. What sort of lessons are you interested in? And why are you interested in philosophy?

Posted

I'm interested in all kinds of lessons as I wish to learn as much as I can. My main reason for being interested in philosophy is my desire for knowledge of myself and the the world around me. At the moment I am re-reading "On The Shortness of Life" by Seneca. I'm very new to philosophy though so excuse my incompetence.

Posted

after many years of being without that philosophy newsletter on about.com, i did a search on "philosophy forums" and came up with a site in which hugo linked this site.

Posted

I followed a link here from the Wiki page on Analytic Philosophy

Posted

I'm the moderator of the Philosophy section over at Physics Forums and was recently looking at some old threads in the private staff forum, and Tom Mattson there was talking about Hugo's Introducing Philosophy series at Ebla. I've been thinking of writing up something similar to that to spruce up my own little corner of the internet philosophy world, which is currently lacking to say the least, so I decided to check it out. I noticed he hadn't posted there in over a year, so I tracked him here.

Posted

Hey, welcome. I've read a couple of threads over at Physics Forums. There are some interesting discussions there, though I haven't read the philosophy section.

Posted

Parody, if you do a search for Hugo and metacristi you will find some worthwhile reading. The debate is thoroughly entertaining as well as informative. :)

Posted

I found my way here by reading a post by Hugo at the Philosophy Forum and following a link to this site. I am very glad I did!

Posted

I fell over and here I am.

Posted

I discovered the site via google, forgot the exact details though.

Posted

:welcome:

Posted

Hi Minerva

I remember I found this place by looking up "epistemology" on Google.

Welcome to TGL!

Posted

I found this site by chance when I was Googling for information on classic logic and probability problems.

:D