This site is supported by Nobility Studios.

How did you get here?

136 posts in this topic

Posted

I found this site while searching for discussions about Jorge Luis Borges. I discovered his writing a short time ago and have read several of his fictions and poetry. I am a photographer/digital artist and use his work as a jumping-off point for compositions.

Welcome jostat!

Did you read, in the manuscript section, an essay about Borges? It could help you to understand better that argentinian genius.:mrgreen:

Link: http://www.galilean-library.org/manuscript.php?postid=43861

Have a nice day.

Posted

I think I was gathering information about Gandih and somehow got to this website.

Posted

I got here researching philosophy, how else? By the way; I'd like to commend the administrators of TGL for this amazing website. I look forward in partaking in many an interesting discussion.

Who said love on first sight isn't possible?:mrgreen:

Posted

Much the same as already mentioned. Thanks for the opportunity to participate.

Soleo

Posted

googled "...can a necessary being exist totally polluted with the possible?" Umberto Eco

Posted

I was doing some research into the theoretical parallels between the Many-Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics and David Lewis' Theory of Possible Worlds. It turned out that Lewis had himself given a lecture about MWI, and I found the paper on TGL. Thank you TGL! After I wrote the paper (which was a rigorous process... the parallel is not an easy one to motivate!), I came back and searched around the site out of curiosity. I was struck by the "about" section of the website, so I decided to bookmark it and eventually join the forum.

Posted

You came just in time. We're about to upgrade the forum to something more epic.

Gonna be so cash.

Posted

I googled philosophy discussion forum and this was the most interesting one to come up.

Posted

Totally don't remember how I came across the site. But I somehow did in my web searching. I emailed Paul...and the rest, as they say, was history.

Posted

It would be helpful for us to know how you found your way here, particularly so we can understand how word is getting around (if it is). If you have any ideas for making the site more widely known, too, they would be appreciated.

This one is pretty easy to answer ^_^ !! I was looking for some introductory notes on philosophy of mind and came up with this page which I found very interesting and that's why I'm writing here right now :p

Posted

Found this site while searching for video on google related to spirituality and consciousness. I clicked to someones personal video page and found this link. Now, here I am :-).

Posted

Found this site while searching for video on google related to spirituality and consciousness. I clicked to someones personal video page and found this link. Now, here I am :-).

:welcome: RM Gray

Posted

I was directed here by davidm.

Posted

Through youtube by LudditeRomantic.

Posted

I found out about this site through LudditeRomantic on Youtube, but I have been looking for a good philosophy discussion forum, for the one that I use to post at is no longer interesting to me.

Posted

Hey, welcome AestheticAnalog.

Posted

Well gee, that was about three years ago. I didn't notice this thread then. I had logged on to the forum at thunderbolts.info to discuss the picture of the day. One of the mods there suggested another science forum of broader appeal for me to try. It didn't appeal to me, but that is where I found the link to TGL.

Posted

Well, I meet "Hugo" (Paul) on the Ebla forum (wish I had a few posts saved from that place). He invited me here, and I have taken to perceiving him as my philosophy Guru. Because of him, and the guidance, I feel comfortable in any conversation, from erudite, to the ghetto.

Posted

It would be helpful for us to know how you found your way here, particularly so we can understand how word is getting around (if it is). If you have any ideas for making the site more widely known, too, they would be appreciated.

I am a student and I was researching something for a social theory class and your site came up.

Posted

Researching for a Christian Studies class and found this site. I love it! :cheer3:

Posted

Well, I meet "Hugo" (Paul) on the Ebla forum (wish I had a few posts saved from that place). He invited me here, and I have taken to perceiving him as my philosophy Guru. Because of him, and the guidance, I feel comfortable in any conversation, from erudite, to the ghetto.

Posts like this are the reason why Paul Newall (Hugo Holbling) gets up in the morning. :yup:

Posted

Heard about it from a my friend Alvira, went into the cafe met a few people and have been on ever since. This place is amazing keep it up!

Posted

Heard about it from a my friend Alvira, went into the cafe met a few people and have been on ever since. This place is amazing keep it up!

Don't you just love me now?

Posted

I loved you before.

Posted

Nobody loves me. :sadcheer: