This site is supported by Nobility Studios.

Ultimate Personal Goal in life?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

I suppose the title is a bit exaggerated, but I did not know how to call the objects/ambitions that keep us alive or that desire that prompt us to hope to be able to wake up every morning, etc.

Perhaps we change that objective/s every day, month, year(as I have done).

Nonetheless, it is the present moment the which I concern in this thread, so let us share what is our goal.

Mine is somewhat presumptuous, although I believe a men should put forward something almost impossible, otherwise how can you know your limits?(“The word impossible is not in my dictionary.” Napoleon... still he got owned by Wellington:p, but that is no the point, the point is perseverance)

Well here I go, laugh if you want:mrgreen::

• Be able to draw in a good level, portraits especially. Be able to draw any pose; have a unique style.(In this I am in the middle of the road, as you may soon see, when I post some of my art:roll:)
  • Learn a good hand of languages, not speak them like a master, but more importantly, to be able to read the original classics. French, latin, ancient greek, german, italian, russian and japanese... yes I know I am mad:-D( In this I am also in so kind of middle road, I can speak and read german in a beginner-intermediate level, read some french and italian... probably because they are romance languages like spanish. Latin and Ancient Greek is hard, latin I am a much better at least than in A. greek, in A. Greek I can only recognize the alphabet and some know words like: Episteme, arete, ethos, logos, etc.). This goal was influenced by Schopenhauer "On reading Latin"
  • Play in the piano Chopin and Beethoven(this for now is only a dream or pure fantasy, I listen to beethoven and chopin almost all the time, but I have never touched a piano in my life:shock:)
  • Have a general knowledge of the sciences, philosophies, religions and arts. This was influenced by Adrian Veidt:lol: and Schopenhauer again: "I pray you, do not write on physiology in its relation to psychology, without having digested Cabanis and Bichat in succum et sanguinem ; in return you may leave a hundred German scribblers unread. At best the study of psychology is vain, for there is no Psyche ; men cannot be studied alone, but in connection with the world Microkosmus and Macrokosmus combined as I have done. And test yourself whether you really possess and comprehend physiology, which presupposes a knowledge of anatomy and chemistry."(quote from a biography of schopenhauer)
  • My last goal would be the one I think our great boss or administrator is doing? travel around europe and end in japan, living close to one of those beautiful, peaceful temples.

Okay, so much for fantasies and dreams... what are yours, Galileans?

Posted

My ultimate dream:

Send all the world's children to Mars, which in the future has been successfully colonized; send my parents, my wife, and some of the older members in my extended family with the children. Then I obtain a kind of Doomsday weapon, similar to the one discussed in Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove, and I firebomb this wretched, filthy planet......:)

Posted

Great thread! I love these because it gives you the chance to masturbate furiously in front of everyone.

By the way Paulus, there's plenty of people that speak 5+ languages. It's not that unimaginable, and you can acquire a new one every 18 months if you're dedicated. Plus every time you acquire a new one, the next one is easier. Unfortunately if you grew up in a country that has English as the native language, people have this phobia of learning languages. T___T

Anyway:

I usually change my mind on what I want to "learn", but I'm pretty sure I'm just interested in economics, politics (mostly international security and Northeast Asia), and Asian history. I need better Japanese and I want to speak and read Mandarin as well.

I've made up my mind that I'm going to be out of this damn country (US) by January 2012 no matter what. I don't care if I have to murder a few people to do it. I'll get qualified to be a broker then beg for a job from every single investment firm in Japan until somebody takes me. If nobody takes me, then I'll work a little in my city and take the financial risk management exam. There's no way I can't get hired by someone in Japan if I pass that test. Once I achieve that, I'll never come back to this place again. I won't look back. I won't even want to look back.

(Touchy feely, weird stuff ahead.) I want to meet a very mature, strong, loyal woman interested in a family. I don't know if I can find someone like that willing to put up with my strange hobbies, lol. If I don't find anyone, I'll look to adopt a child. I want to give someone something I never had, like a stable family and a father that wasn't such a god-awful piece of garbage.

There's no way I can reverse the damage that was done to my family, and my father will never learn. I'll get my revenge by being a better man than he ever was, or could ever hope to be. :twisted:

Then I obtain a kind of Doomsday weapon, similar to the one discussed in Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove, and I firebomb this wretched, filthy planet......

Don't worry bro, humans are incredibly stupid. We'll mostly likely destroy ourselves in a very embarrassing way in the near future.

Posted

I am not sure if we are allowed to comment on other peoples dream goals but er.. I think I did mention psychoanalysis before... justathought:rofl:

My ultimate dream:

Send all the world's children to Mars, which in the future has been successfully colonized; send my parents, my wife, and some of the older members in my extended family with the children. Then I obtain a kind of Doomsday weapon, similar to the one discussed in Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove, and I firebomb this wretched, filthy planet......:)

Posted

When I was a kid, one of my goals was to be happy. Now I just hope not to suffer. ...

next goal is : know everything (omniscience)

if I achieve that i ll aim for omnipotence

what gets me out of bed in the morning realistically is the prospect of a wee and pot of coffee

Posted

My ultimate goal in life is not to live with any goal, but alas, i am not strong enough for such contentedness. :twisted:

Posted

My ultimate dream:

lol, who are you... Moses?:-D

Great thread! I love these because it gives you the chance to masturbate furiously in front of everyone.

By the way Paulus, there's plenty of people that speak 5+ languages. It's not that unimaginable, and you can acquire a new one every 18 months if you're dedicated. Plus every time you acquire a new one, the next one is easier. Unfortunately if you grew up in a country that has English as the native language, people have this phobia of learning languages. T___T

Anyway:

I usually change my mind on what I want to "learn", but I'm pretty sure I'm just interested in economics, politics (mostly international security and Northeast Asia), and Asian history. I need better Japanese and I want to speak and read Mandarin as well.

I've made up my mind that I'm going to be out of this damn country (US) by January 2012 no matter what. I don't care if I have to murder a few people to do it. I'll get qualified to be a broker then beg for a job from every single investment firm in Japan until somebody takes me. If nobody takes me, then I'll work a little in my city and take the financial risk management exam. There's no way I can't get hired by someone in Japan if I pass that test. Once I achieve that, I'll never come back to this place again. I won't look back. I won't even want to look back.

(Touchy feely, weird stuff ahead.) I want to meet a very mature, strong, loyal woman interested in a family. I don't know if I can find someone like that willing to put up with my strange hobbies, lol. If I don't find anyone, I'll look to adopt a child. I want to give someone something I never had, like a stable family and a father that wasn't such a god-awful piece of garbage.

There's no way I can reverse the damage that was done to my family, and my father will never learn. I'll get my revenge by being a better man than he ever was, or could ever hope to be. :twisted:

Yes, you are right about languages, but the problem is ancient greek and latin:mrgreen:, they are tough languages.

I have the advantage of being bilingual(Spanish-English) and I have been learning German for almost a year now. I can understand a good deal, yet I still need to read more complex texts. My goal, as I said above, is to read the originals.

We seem to have a similar fate with our father:|, he was also not a very good model.

Good luck with finding that tough woman:rofl:, do not forget that you have the option, of marrying a anime character like that japanese guy you told me before:-D

When I was a kid, one of my goals was to be happy. Now I just hope not to suffer. ...

next goal is : know everything (omniscience)

if I achieve that i ll aim for omnipotence

It looks like in a couple of more decades we will not have to say "I believe in god", but "I believe in Pgalaxy":-D

My ultimate goal in life is not to live with any goal, but alas, i am not strong enough for such contentedness.

hahaha, master campanella, if you do not mind that I call you that:p, always with aphorisms or witty parodies:-D

Posted (edited)

My ultimate goal is to die - at least that's what will happen to me ultimately. And as Homer (Springfield's, not Greece's) says, "When I'm dead, I'm going to sleep. Oh, man, am I going to sleep!" :mrgreen:

On the not so silly side, one of my goals is to always remember the nearness of death so as to lose my sense of self importance.

Edited by AllBlue

Posted

My ultimate dream:

Why wait until your parents and children are gone?

Posted

I say live today as if it were tomorrow, and do today everything you set yourself the goal of doing tomorrow.

Yeah, because that's realistically going to happen(!)

Posted

What is behind every man and woman's dream is the hope that they never wake up again. No escape! We are a machine!

Wisdom in AllBlue's post.