This site is supported by Nobility Studios.

Happy Anniversary, DeadCanDance

10 posts in this topic

Posted

It's been good having you here the past year, you dead dancer, you.

Michael

Posted

I was going to do a thread, but I remembered then that I am on the future, therefore I decided to wait for you fossils to do the thread :p

Happy Anniversary DCD!

Posted

Good one, 16121215.

Michael

Posted (edited)

Thank you gentleman. I have enjoyed whatever time I have dedicated to posting here at TGL, various philosophic conversations, reading old threads, and the fact that there seems to be a certain level of comradeship here. I sometimes lament over the fact that I treat TGL, having done multiple biographical threads, like Twitter or some equivalent, but it can be therapeutic.

Here is what I lament more: I often break promises here at TGL or, minimally, exaggerate in time their fulfillment. Yes, some of this has to do with being in school and kids and stuff, perhaps a bit of laziness, but the real problem is I self edit to the point of destroying potential for creativity or following up with threads. I often fear that what I write will be crap or I struggle with problems in the transition of my thoughts to posting. Take the death penalty thread, it has been days and days now since my promised post on the more metaphysical aspects of the topic. I have been doing some thorough reading and have a solid idea of what the post will look like, but struggle in instilling cogency to my swirling thoughts and worry it will be crap. :banghead:

Thanks again gentleman.

Edited by DeadCanDance

Posted

I also fear posting sometimes DCD! Because I think my posts not worthy of attention.:mrgreen:

Posted

Perhaps my lament over biography and worry over posting crap are unfounded. I enjoy reading the biographical laden posts of others and I always find your posts worthy of attention Paulus so why not extrapolate from this that my own posts are grade A quality and that everyone is extremely interested in hearing the details of my "real" life. :-D

Posted

Here is what I lament more: I often break promises here at TGL or, minimally, exaggerate in time their fulfillment. Yes, some of this has to do with being in school and kids and stuff, perhaps a bit of laziness, but the real problem is I self edit to the point of destroying potential for creativity or following up with threads. I often fear that what I write will be crap or I struggle with problems in the transition of my thoughts to posting. Take the death penalty thread, it has been days and days now since my promised post on the more metaphysical aspects of the topic. I have been doing some thorough reading and have a solid idea of what the post will look like, but struggle in instilling cogency to my swirling thoughts and worry it will be crap. :banghead:

Thanks again gentleman.

I also fear posting sometimes DCD[/b']! Because I think my posts not worthy of attention.:mrgreen:

5fEAwW6G6rxmi5jn.jpg

Welcome to everyone's world. I'm like this, and if everyone on this forum were honest, they would all be saying the same thing me thinks.

One thing you can try is, when you finish a post, let it sit for 24 hours, then re-read it. See how you feel about it.

And just make less promises, and don't let anyone know what you're doing. Everyone will be astounded and amazed when you surprise them with your wondrous knowledge. :D

No but seriously, you write good stuff man. It's not like we're always going to say/think/write "good" or amazing things all the time. I bet even Kant wrote some stupid shit he ended up regretting later.

Posted

Good one, 16121215.

Michael

????

The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month.

Posted

Good one' date=' [b']16121215.

Michael

????

Paulus

ひきこもり

Info: Active member - Last Activity: Today at 02:28; Join Date: Mar 2009 Posts: 339 Threads: 28

Posted

Good one' date=' [b']16121215.

Michael

????

Paulus

ひきこもり

Info: Active member - Last Activity: Today at 02:28; Join Date: Mar 2009 Posts: 339 Threads: 28