This site is supported by Nobility Studios.

Five Years!!!

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Happy birthday, TGL! Five years old! I remember my fifth birthday - had a party in my backyard. So, uh, are we gonna have a TGL party?

Michael

Posted

Why the hell not? Instead of somebody's backyard we could set up an appointment to meet in the chatroom and reminisce the highs and lows of the past 5 years, share some laughs and tears. :mrgreen:

Posted

Why the hell not? Instead of somebody's backyard we could set up an appointment to meet in the chatroom and reminisce the highs and lows of the past 5 years, share some laughs and tears. :mrgreen:

Heh. That's a good idea. We can even let the old fogeys (Hugo and Scotty - since they've both been members from the very first day and so were present at the birth) reminisce about their long-since-gone TGL youths. They'd probably doze off into a nap mid-sentence (being so old and all) and wouldn't bore us too much. Is it true that there used to be an always-scowling dictator here who was so heavy-handed that he'd ban users just for misspellings and bad grammar? That's just a rumor I've heard. He was a globe-trotting rugby player from New Zealand -- or so I once heard him described by some woman who (God only knows why) liked something he wrote.

Michael

Posted

Is it true that there used to be an always-scowling dictator here who was so heavy-handed that he'd ban users just for misspellings and bad grammar? That's just a rumor I've heard. He was a globe-trotting rugby player from New Zealand -- or so I once heard him described by some woman who (God only knows why) liked something he wrote.

Yes indeed. I remember when I first started here I drew his ire, something about not knowing what I was talking about. Now I always know what I'm talking about :D

At five years old TGL is only a baby. Goochie goochie goo.

Posted

It's hard to believe it's been 5 years. When I look back at some of the old discussions, sometimes I think we could've done things better but other times I find amazing content, now buried, that should definitely see the light of day again. Hopefully the coming changes will help us stick around for another 5 years and expose what we all created. Meeting great people here has made everything worthwhile for me. :)

Posted

Did somebody say something, did something happen, Dr. McCoy?

-Scott

Posted

I have been here not even a year, yet I still feel quite welcome and happy when I come to this little place. I think It as my cyber-home.

Everytime I get online (internet), I know this place is a few clicks away and will always (unless I make some kind of mistake and get me ban) be open for me, just like a comfortable shelter from the chaos of the internet.

Happy 5th year and, I expect, for many more to come :rock:

:-)

Also, Happy anniversary to Mosaic, Godot and Davidm! :)

Posted

WILL WE STILL BE HERE UNTIL THE WORLD ENDS?

MyEoeeFEmFEIFa2.jpg

I await patiently just like patient bear.