This site is supported by Nobility Studios.

Happy TGL Anniversary, Paulus!

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Paulus,

One year already! We're glad you're here.

Michael

Posted

They grow up so fast

Posted (edited)

Thanks Michael and Michio!

I at first was not very interested on posting or reading the entries in the academy (I was not even registered). What got my attention were the manuscripts on philosophy; that time I was hoooked on introductions to philosophy (searching actively in google).

At last, curiosity triumphed and I clicked on register. In the beginning I thought this was just another forum, and though I had a bit of etiquette (that is, I wrote with respect and some formality), I was rush and vague with my posts. I did not think enough before posting for example and was not careful concerning argumentation.

All of that has changed, not completely of course, I still suck at debating and become a bit confused and dizzy when the conversation becomes too tough, but I can guarantee that I am more dilligent, more critical of my own views and do not fear to see and hear the opposite beliefs and opinions. I have become a lover of proliferation of ideas and a lover of freedom of speech. To be respectful and charitable to the other, etc.

Before, there were discussions about if this site was really worth the expense and the time. It is, at least for me. I would be lying if I said that this site has not helped me to grow and become more educated.

I know I have been lately missing, partly because of other activities, partly because of procrastination, though I hope my participation to become from now on, rather than more active (like when in the beginning), more efficient and profound (scholarly?).

Every member here has being a pleasure, and a surprise, to become acquainted with, and to avoid making feel others less valuable or esteemed, I will not give names and just say, very generally, thank you!:rock:

:-)

Edit: Hugo you still owe me a short account of how this site came to be! :)

Edit 2: I noticed just now how many grammar mistakes I did!

Edited by Paulus

Posted

Happy First Anniversary, Mr. P. :cheers1:

I greatly enjoy your contributions, and conversing with you. :)

Posted

Paulus, congrats on surviving a year with the TGL with your wits intact! You brought new energy to the board and I look forward to your contributions :)

Posted

Happy anniversary, Paulus. I'm glad you found us and that you enjoy this place so much. :)

I'll write something up for you soon.

(Posted via mobile device)

Posted

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and support, Paulus. I haven't been here that long, but you've made my stay warm and very welcome.

Posted

Paulus and I became friends on facebook not that long ago. Besides a few words we exchanged in private, I read the most of his posts at TGL. I have to say that I was amused and impressed (and I do not get easily impressed by

Posted

I do not know what to say other than Thank You again! :mrgreen:

I will work harder on my future contributions!:rock:

Posted

Poem inspired by Paulus:

Dreams, they never leave us

Though, in dark hours and within silent walls

They haunt us, whisper to us

Barely audible, they call to us

Beckon us closer

And we do not follow

I saw a young man today

He followed the call of dreams

And was no longer haunted

Posted

I am joyful DCD, I think, that I am a muse of some kind :lol:.