This site is supported by Nobility Studios.

Status?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I think the main question I have about the status box is: Does the status box automatically get fed into twitter? I think that's the main thing that worries me about using it. I haven't signed up for twitter (should I?) and, for now, have no plans on doing so. It seems way too public for my taste. But if the status updates are only within this site, then it would make sense to use it. It's a new feature and I suspect many of us are a little anxious to using these things. But, to my mind, that's the way I pretty much used the shoutbox for before; to let other members know when I'm logged in what my activity on the site is, or to give lame excuses for not posting in a while :D Also, is there a way to get a larger list of status updates than the three or so that are on the front page?

Thanks.

Posted

Does the status box automatically get fed into twitter?

At the moment, it doesn't. The next upgrade of the software will allow this but only optionally; i.e. you can configure your profile to feed your status updates to your Twitter account, and vice versa. The same thing will be possible with Facebook. If you don't want to, you leave it alone and the status updates are internal-only.

Also, is there a way to get a larger list of status updates than the three or so that are on the front page?

Yes, it can be configured to display the last x updates, just as the other sideblocks can show more or less information. The reason the numbers are as they currently are is to avoid the sideblocks extending far beyond the bottom of the forums. How many updates do you want to see?

1 person likes this

Posted

At the moment, it doesn't. The next upgrade of the software will allow this but only optionally; i.e. you can configure your profile to feed your status updates to your Twitter account, and vice versa. The same thing will be possible with Facebook. If you don't want to, you leave it alone and the status updates are internal-only.

Okay, great.

Yes, it can be configured to display the last x updates, just as the other sideblocks can show more or less information. The reason the numbers are as they currently are is to avoid the sideblocks extending far beyond the bottom of the forums. How many updates do you want to see?

I meant is there a button I can push that will bring up a list of the last 12 or so updates, or however many? Not that I want to see more updates on the front page. This is when I miss some or need to catch up.

Posted

Hmm, I don't think that's possible yet but might be soon with the next software upgrade. You can do so with the shoutbox, though.

1 person likes this

Posted

I posted the comment below to the wrong section (as a comment to the Kuhn's essay (thanks Campanella for that one btw)

is there a bug thread?

Hugo, not sure where to report the following BUG

I was writing a comment to a post I think (or a comment to a reply)

and on the top right hand corner there was a button 'add entry'

I thought that was the command for posting and the following msg came up

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#106168] You are not authorised to use this feature

Useful Links

* Forgotten Password Recovery

* Register a new account

* Our help documentation

* Contact the forums administrator

Posted

You report bugs in the Bug Tracker but this isn't a bug, just a notification that you don't have permission to add entries. Where were you trying to post?

Posted

You report bugs in the Bug Tracker but this isn't a bug, just a notification that you don't have permission to add entries. Where were you trying to post?

I think i was adding a comment to a reply or to a comment that I had posted already iin the chocolate cake thread, (it should be visible now that I have pressed the right button)

I suspect the system may have recognised me as the poster of the previous comment I was trying to comment on (it was a commen on the comment)

I ll take a screenshot if it happens again