This site is supported by Nobility Studios.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

TGL as God

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Specifics. I suppose if I am going to offer a critique, I should be exact about the whole thing. But come on people! Exactness is what the scientist demands, what the logical positivist might demand, I am a mystic for heaven's sake, I do not speak in such terms. I cannot very well articulate the problems I am experiencing with the new and improved (?) Galilean Library.

It has been said, and essentially all of the so called process theologians share in their acceptance of this message: A God who does not change, is not God.

I struggle with this notion of God. According to the Enlightenment figure Diderot: It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all.

Why is it that I cannot help but believe the exact opposite is the case? And more so, how can we, utilizing language, which, by and large , seems to operate through binaries (up-down, east-west, good-evil, black-white, etc) even speak of God? So, I believe a discussion that cannot even be discussed to be of the utmost importance to the human race? Sure, why not.

I should say, the old TGL was kind of like the classic conception of God for me.

Nietzsche couldn't imagine a God that doesn't dance, eh? Which, of course, dance, not to be taken quite literally as the Mormons do with their conception of a God who is literally flesh and bone and who occupies space, (kind of like Superman) meaning CHANGE.

We acted within the confines of the old Galilean Library; how can an unchanging God be said to 'act' at all? We can find no parallel to the unchanging here in our universe. It seems that our only God here is entropy, and as everything is subject to entropy, there can be no classically conceived God.

Wait a sec. Language comes to the rescue. Ah yes, language is a kind of God. If you set an apple on the porch, it fades away, but the word "APPLE" is immortal, it does not fade with time, it does not die. Language then, is a kind of window into the eternities...

I miss the old TGL; I miss it perhaps similar to the way Abraham would have missed his son if not for that Angel that stayed this "Knight of Faith's" hand. The Knight of Faith forsakes the universal for sake of the particular? Jesus H. Edward R. Murrow!

I miss the old TGL like I would miss hell (that is, our existence, don't forget Mr. Schop) if it disappeared.

Abstract Gods become lively when on the brink of nihilism. Maybe this will happen with me and the new Galilean Library.

Edited by DeadCanDance
1 person likes this

Posted

I'd like to reply, but I'm not sure what you are talking about!

1 person likes this