This site is supported by Nobility Studios.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Important announcement for users old and new

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Our Creative Writing forum has really picked up recently, and we would appreciate it if more people could get involved. You could either write your own short story, flash fiction, poem, etc. or you could provide feedback to what's already there.

You never know, after a few sojourns into the CW forum, you might find out that you have the potential to be a brilliant writer or a very sharp critic, so nothing should stop you getting involved.

ETA: The CW forum is visible to members only. Would you prefer to keep it this way, or would you prefer the forum to be visible to all?

Bear in mind that if it is visible to all, more people will get to see and (perhaps) comment on your work, but you will have to remove it from the forum if you wish to publish it.

Edited by DaveT

Posted

I think it would be a good thing if original versions, modified versions and published versions all appeared so that people can see the way they've evolved and learn from seeing the process in action. That may mean the forum has to be kept as restricted access, but an alternative would be to have a restricted area for published ones and to open up the rest. There may also be some members who don't want their early efforts to be on show to anyone passing through, so they could post into the restricted area as well, but I can certainly see that it would be easier to attract new members in if they were able to see exactly what they're joining before they join.

Posted

I’d prefer to keep access to creative writing restricted. It’s the main reason I’ve come to Galilean Library. I feel I have explored the more public creative writing as far as I care to. I certainly would encourage other members of GL to visit and post to the creative writing section, but frankly, I prefer a relatively small forum like GL. I understand the drive to make a forum grow, but it seems to always come at a cost.

1 person likes this