This site is supported by Nobility Studios.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bullying on the forum

27 posts in this topic

Posted

The popularity of this thread reminds me of a well-known anecdote. After James Whistler and Oscar Wilde had dinner together, their friends wondered what the two great conversationalists had talked about. "As always, we talked about ourselves," said Wilde.

"How soon you forget, Oscar," said Whistler. "The conversation was actually all about me."

2 people like this

Posted

I actually sort of disagree with you BDS. First of all, this thread isn't that popular; your own post caused the thread to spill out over only its second page. And secondly, this forum seems to have few meta-threads. That's actually kind of strange, as I'm used to other forums having to come down on meta-threads and meta-posts because they occur so often. Maybe it's a good sign in certain ways, we're not as self-congratulatory as other sites. But still, I do think it's a good idea to have community discussions about the site, about what people's expectations of each other are, and our common culture.

That said, while I was going to add to my comments earlier, I don't think anything needs to be added. If I want to have another meta-discussion, I want it to be about something positive! Lets talk about something besides our wounds!