This site is supported by Nobility Studios.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Little Blue Heron

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This strange little bird, stands about 26 inches high, and always give me the impression of being a recent arrival from Alpha Centauri...

This series of about thirty photographs, of which I post six, is of one of the more successful of these little guys. How good they are at catching fish varies from individual bird to bird - This guy was gooooooood... :D

LILBLUEHERON4.JPG

LILBLUEHERON5.JPG

LILBLUEHERON6.JPG

LILBLUEHERON7.JPG

LILBLUEHERON17.JPG

LILBLUEHERON24.JPG

During the ten minutes that taking this series took, he nailed about five fish, and then spotting me flew off into the sunrise...

One last point, these shots like most of my wildlife photo's are shot inside New York City. Little islands of wilderness abound in the heart of the biggest metropolis in the US.

Dave

Edited by Chato
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

These are great photos, but didn't you post some of the same shots here just a couple of months ago (Amazing day at the Marsh)?

Edited by Peter
1 person likes this

Posted

These are great photos, but didn't you post some of the same shots here just a couple of months ago (Amazing day at the Marsh)?

I am going to pretend that you didn't point this out. Yes indeed, I am now a very bright red, probably bad for my health. I blame the dog! And some of them, I didn't post.

Dave

Posted

I think it's quite understandable that you're proud of these shots. They really do invoke the feeling that one can come to understand something about the life of the bird.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0