This site is supported by Nobility Studios.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Using Digits

35 posts in this topic

Posted

I recently made a dress from a 1950's pattern and modelled after this Horrockses dress:

e272ae17.jpg

My version:

bf8e492d.jpg

f4bbbbca.jpg

4 people like this

Posted

Amazingly beautiful! It looks like you altered the amount of gathering in the skirt but kept the bodice about the same. The material you chose is perfect for this! Did you make it to wear yourself?

Posted

Thank you AllBlue :) I used a pattern I found that was sort of similar, but had those box pleats instead of the gathered waist. I did make it for myself and have worn it, but it is a little too big, even though I altered the pattern to make it smaller. It is very comfortable though. I bought the fabric because it looks very much like the fabric Horrockses used for their dresses in the 1950's, and found the pattern after. I'm currently making a baby quilt for a friend, and after that have some more dresses planned.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thought I'd do a little thread revival.

So I've gotten one of my old looms set up in the living room, wound my warp on the warping board, and I'm starting to sley the reed to get the warp ready to wind onto the loom. I'd like to put the pictures right into this thread, but I wasn't able to do that when I started this thread. That's why I set up that album in the Gallery. My questions are, can I upload pictures into this thread directly from my computer without having to have them already online somewhere like Flickr? If so, how? Sorry for being inept..

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

AllBlue

Edited by AllBlue

Posted

This is going to be possible as soon as I can upgrade the forum and gallery software. I'll try to get to it as soon as I can.

Posted

Thanks, Hugo. And that makes me feel better since I was pretty sure it was just me. :)

Posted

I'm including a link to the album I just started on FB where I'll be adding photos as I work through my first back-to-weaving project. I'm cutting up old blue jeans to make a few rag rugs. So far I've got the warp wound and have moved it to the loom. I've sleyed the reed and am beginning to thread the heddles.

Facebook album of my weaving pictures

AllBlue

Posted (edited)

I've added another group of pictures to the weaving album on Facebook. I've gotten to the actual weaving stage! Take a look if you're interested: More pictures added to Weaving album

Edited by AllBlue

Posted

I'm currently making a baby quilt for a friend, and after that have some more dresses planned.

Did you finish the baby quilt? Is there a picture of it?

Posted

Here's a link to my second weaving project since I got back into it. The first project didn't go very well, but the second one, using a type of pattern called overshot, is going pretty well so far.

http://weavolution.com/project/kitty-t/fear-overshot

2 people like this