This site is supported by Nobility Studios.

Upgrade

19 posts in this topic

Posted

I am in the process of upgrading the site software. This will cause some broken links and the theme will revert to the default. In particular, avatars will break and need to be fixed individually by clicking on the drop-down menu at the top-right, going to "My Settings" and selecting "Change your photo".

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

It's bee-yooo-ti-ful! Nice job! :yup:

Edited by maddog

Posted

From where I am looking everything is very seriously screwed up unless you are signed in. If you are not signed in, the whole page is scrambled like a bizarre Cubist painting and even the logo on the upper left shows a broken link "x" sign. :sadcheer:

1 person likes this

Posted

Daddy likes! And Daddy likes David's new broken avatar too! :mrgreen:

Posted

Davidm visual analogy is right! Hahha xD

Also, the "You are now signed in" message is stuck on my screen D:

Posted

That's a horribly low-res avatar, Paulus. Try one with a much higher res or a different one. Or one will be made for you. :twisted:

Posted

I tried :(. The photo did not change at all.

Posted

Forgot to mention how nice the page is looking Hugo. With simple, elegant colours and a friendly navigation screen.

Just have to fix some problems (the profile menu does not appear to me. I have to go to my name in any post I make, then go to edit profile; the photo also does not seems to want to be modified or something).

Posted

This is now the default software theme, which is almost all working. The old (and broken) theme has been removed for the time being. There are a few tweaks still to be made that I will get to gradually.

1 person likes this

Posted

For AllBlue, one new option available to you when posting is a button in the editor called "My Media". If you select this then you can choose an image from your gallery images. This means that if you want to post pictures then you can upload them to the gallery and share them on the forum.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for this, Hugo. I like the look (1990s finally disappear over the horizon), except that I prefer the old Galileo picture to the Gmoon thing.

There does seem to be some problem with the personal drop-down menu (top right). It's working fine for me right now and did last night when viewing the site with Firefox/OSX, but earlier today it didn't work with Chrome/Windows 7. Browser compatibility issues? Now that takes me right back to the '90s!

Also, the mobile theme appears completely broken when viewed on my ipod touch. I see they're plugging an iphone app that presumably works for the touch, but last time I checked, the reviews on itunes basically said the app was crap. Still, if it's free, I s'pose I can just download it and see for myself...

BTW, Hugo, your avatar is looking ever so slightly out of focus. Did the pesky software go and low-res it?

Edited by Peter

Posted

Just can't please anybody with logos now can you? :)

I made it match the Magazine logo I made, except this one is in blue.

-Scott

Posted

Just to clarify, this is the slightly amended default theme with the upgraded software. It will take a lot of effort to recreate the old theme so we are playing with this one. I'll look into the browser issue and fix my gravatar.

Posted

Try a different browser. This forum's software seems to be uncooperative with chrome. & I did successfully change my avatar so... :noidea:

Posted

Try a different browser. This forum's software seems to be uncooperative with chrome. & I did successfully change my avatar so... :noidea:

Uncooperative with Chrome! :o

I use Chrome! Which browsers does it work best with? The old software worked best with Chrome.

Posted

I have no issues with Chrome. Similarly, the mobile version works perfectly for me. It may be worth clearing cookies.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was able to change the picture using Chrome!! :D

Posted

I don't get it... In chrome the photo has changed, in firefox the photo hasn't changed @.@.

I think i'll wait until everything has gone back to normal before changing the photo, so I can stop whining about these banalities haahha.

Posted

I don't get it... In chrome the photo has changed, in firefox the photo hasn't changed @.@.

I think i'll wait until everything has gone back to normal before changing the photo, so I can stop whining about these banalities haahha.

I took Hugo's advice and flushed the cache and cookies in Chrome... instantly, the avatars all look right and the drop down works.

HTH, HAND etc.