This site is supported by Nobility Studios.

Biketrip

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys,

i just wanted to ask if you now some nice places for a bike trip, also where i can rent some bikes for me and my family.

friendly regards joe

Posted

Thinking about general safety, decent roads, gorgeous lanscapes, beautiful people, mind-blowing culture and cuisine, and good weather, I think these areas are just perfect: the Loire Valley and the Tuscany region.

Posted

It depends on what time of the year you want to go biking and what kind of terrain you and your family prefer, in addition to how far you want to go. But if you're thinking about now, I'd suggest somewhere closer to the equator.

However, If you plan on going somewhere in the spring/summer, the Pacific Northwest and Colorado offer really good biking. To get more specific, Sunriver in Oregon is a really great area. It is at a high elevation in Central Oregon, so you get that mountain elevation without the ridiculous incline. Unless you want that, in which case Sunriver also has those kind of bike paths.

If your family gets tired of the biking all the time, you can relax in the areas many pools in addition to hitting the slopes of nearby Mt. Bachelor (second largest single mountain ski resort in the United States) throughout both summer and winter.

If the above information did not float your boat, biking up/down the Pacific Coast of the United States is always a great trip, with many bike friendly roads and scenic vistas.