This site is supported by Nobility Studios.

Troll Post On Racism

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Why is 'racism' bad? Is it a consequentialistic ethic that claims: look at all thse harm said doctrine causes? Is it because of a disdain for ignorance, and by ignorance, I do not mean the oft actualized leftist appeal to so called civilization, but that empirically, 'race' is not a viable concept? Is it that racism embodies disgust towards 'the other?'

There is a current 'metanarrative' that supports egalitarianism, but, in our postmodern age, one which shows incredulity towards metanarratives, does the very ultra-pluralistic cognitive process, open up the way for such ugly realities as racism?

If one contends that morality is nothing more than preference, that some people like rape like some people like certain brands of ice cream, other than the fragile and fleeting narrative of the modern West, I fail to see, other than on straight empirical grounds, why racism is to be condemned.

:(

Edited by DeadCanDance

Posted

If we deny morality, racism isn't immoral?

Posted

If we deny morality, racism isn't immoral?

I think this is false, because racism is far more complex than the mere negligence of morality. Were that the case, then morality did not exist prior to civil rights acts of 1964, in which all discrimination based on race was outlawed.