This site is supported by Nobility Studios.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What are you thankful for?

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

:yo: Campy :cheers: Hope you're getting on well. I'm thankful to you for your fantitsic artwork. :eyebrows: Edited by DaveT
1 person likes this

Posted

My thanks for the thanks of The Heretic

I bestow in the form of a limerick,

For my verse deserves paeans

From all Galileans

(Though this one might merit a brick).

:brick:

And my thanks to you all for making my first experience in an internet community a positive one. :) (And to The Heretic for reminding me what day it is. :doh:)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

You're right, it does.

:tzela::brick::dance::davey:

Edited by DaveT

Posted

I am thankful that for the first time in years, my place of employment is providing an actual hot turkey dinner with all the trimmings on Thanksgiving! :hungry: Astonishing! As opposed to past years, where the menu has been variously: cold sandwiches. Barely warm pasta. Chinese takeout (Chinese takeout?? :doh: ). Hot dogs and French Fries. (Hot dogs and French fries on Thanksgiving? Really? Really. :nod: ) I suspect the reason we are getting a real Turkey day meal is because the union caved on the contract. :nod:

I too am thankful to :hugo: for hosting this site, and just wish he would post more. :sadcheer:

I am thankful to :heretic: for letting me work on Pantheon, and look forward to doing much more soon. :deal: I am also gratified that he is a tireless curmudgeon. :rant::twisted:

I am thankful to :davey: for being a lunatic. In particular, I would like to thank him for writing a work that is now nearly novel-length in which, among other things, a man gives his sister’s boyfriend a dead puppy for Christmas, and later tells the man that the only reason he is attracted to his sister is because she has “a nice rack.” :rofl:

I am thankful to :scotty: for being :scotty::manhug: And :maddog1: for being :maddog1::pumpkinlove:

I am thankful to :nullifidian: also for being :nullifidian: and for beating me at chess every time he has played me except once (not counting a handful of draws) :doh: Even though I always lose they are great games. :rook:

I am thankful to :tzela: for being a great new addition to TGL and for her fine poetry and love of Rimbaud. :nod:

More thanks later as I think of them. Right now I have to edit a story. :roll:

3 people like this

Posted

I am thankful to The New York Times for leaving :davidm1: constantly stressed, and therefore easy to wind up. :mrgreen:

BTW, David, there's a good reason for the dead puppy, and there was more to it than the rack.

Posted

I don't care if there is a good reason or more to it than meets the eye, it :rofl: me up. :eyebrows:

Posted

I am also thankful that :mike: never brings his llamas into chat to make a big mess. :eyebrows:

Posted

I am thankful to anybody who gets in chat ASAP. :hug1:

Posted (edited)

Well shit... I was gonna do the whole 'thankful' bit, but I'm watching a show that documents murder cases and a sadist just pulled an American Psycho style torture-killing.

Kinda ruined it :(

Edited by DeadCanDance

Posted

I'm also thankful for DCD and his faith in humanity. :mrgreen:

2 people like this

Posted

Oh, one more.

I'm thankful that :dcd: had not pushed the red button yet. :yes:

1 person likes this