This site is supported by Nobility Studios.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Questions, questions!

2 posts in this topic

Posted

When I borrow a book from my local library, the computerized system allows the librarian to tell whether or not you have borrowed a book before. If you have, the librarian reminds you and asks if you still want to take the book out. This is just one example of the growing trend of being prompted by questions whenever one does something.

The same thing happens when I’m using a computer. “Do you want Windows to remember your password?”, “Do you want Autocomplete on or off?”, “Do you want Windows to ask you this again?”…”Do you want Windows to wipe your a**** for you?”

On the radio there is a barrage of adverts reminding people to submit their tax returns on time, to get their winter ‘flu jab, to do this, to remember that…………. And so on and so forth ad infinitum (and ad nauseam!).

The truth is that this would drive any healthy person to insanity. Why is it a growing trend then? It is necessary because people’s minds have become so degraded that they need this sort of spoon feeding in order to function.

Posted

It gets worse. Some people's minds have become so degraded that they consistently resort to gross generalisations. Tragic, but true! :eek3:

2 people like this