This site is supported by Nobility Studios.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Man Facing 4-12 In Prison Needs Your Help

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

DerivedEnergy has been a long time staple in the 'antinatalist community' on YouTube. Until recently, I knew nothing of his personal life; apparently he's a British citizen who was teaching English in Indonesia. He was caught with what amounts to two joints worth of marijuana, arrested in his home, and faces 4-12 years in prison. He's already been incarcerated since February. I myself am no friend to the YouTube antinatalist community, indeed, DerivedEnergy and I have gone head to head on numerous occasions, but this is crazy!

Anyways, please sign the linked online petition to help this poor soul. It only takes a few seconds.

http://chn.ge/12Krhbw

Article on this heinous crime:

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home/b...

Edited by DeadCanDance
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well, those of the antinatalist community have embarrassed themselves in their would be interventions, responses, etc. Some have literally declared personal "war" on Indonesia, some have proposed boycotting Western corporations that deal with Indonesia on friendly terms, a litany of videos "Indonesia Sucks," and screams of "fuck Muhammad!" and the need to convert the "barbaric Muslims" away from their savage religion.

In short, given the opportunity to prove themselves as concerned with the suffering of others, one of their own in particular, now they've probably doomed him to hell, ideology usurping less forcefully important goals...ya know, like helping their friend in an Indonesian prison. Lol. I'm telling you, even if I were antinatalist by sentiment or disposition, I would have fuck all to do with those clowns. How tragic, rally behind normative codes, systems, theories, and the whole thing collapses in ideological fervor with the slightest of ease.

Edited by DeadCanDance

Posted

If he was framed that is one thing. If he actually had the drugs there and knew the laws, that is another (I have no sympathy then).

What was he doing there anyway? ;)

-Scott

Posted (edited)

He was teaching English as a second language. From what I gather, it seems unlikely that he was framed, apparently he was arrested along with two others who were similarly engaging in the partaking of marijuana...reported to the police by neighbors.

Anyways, of course, it begs the question as to who in their right mind, given that Indonesia has some of the strictest drug laws in the world, would go anywhere near that place with so much as a even thought of violating the drug laws, given the well know consequences of being caught. It would seem the worst case of risk/benefit evaluation...ever.

Still, if it is indeed the case that his desire to break the laws in question was stronger than his risk averseness, I still strongly 'feel for him,' as is said. I mean, facing 4 to 12 years in utterly deplorable conditions (at least, from what I gather via searches on the Indonesian prison system) for such an offense...seems profoundly unjust. But, lo and behold, the antinatalists are not helping him at all. I mean, what better way to accomplish the task of the bestowing of mercy on one than to repeatedly insult those in the position of power?!?

Edited by DeadCanDance

Posted

Yes 4 to 12 years for a tiny bit of MJ is pretty silly. I mean, what is the point really? Never understood drug laws like that...except when you follow the money, private jails make a lot on our "Drug War".

And the comments from the antinatalists are just crazy, but there are always crazy people!

-Scott