This site is supported by Nobility Studios.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Conversation With My 4 Year Old

5 posts in this topic

Posted

"God is dead," my 4 year old son reported to me today.

I was quite shocked, "Why do you say that," I asked him.

"He got blown up with a bomb."

"I'm not sure about that," I told him.

He asked, perplexed "Well, where is he at, how come I can't see him?"

"Perhaps he's up in the clouds."

"Up there with the sun? He'd get burned up!"

My little Nietzsche in the works...

1 person likes this

Posted

Just keep him away from horses...

Posted

The ironies of history:

Max Stirner, of the absolute ego, killed by a gnat.

Nietzsche, whose Zarathustra implored to become hard, collapsed in empathy with a flogged horse.

Camus, killed in a motor vehicle accident: this one is particularly ironic, that the prophet of the Absurd would be killed so absurdly; perhaps it would have been truly absurd if Camus lived to be 100 and peacefully drifted into the sleep of the dead.

Posted

More Absurdities or Ironies:

Marx died penniless after being exiled by 3 nations.

Attila the Hun died of a nosebleed on his wedding night.

Tycho Brahe refused to hit the head during a party, and ruptured his bladder, died a few days later.

Francis Bacon froze to death in trying to freeze chicken outside in the snow in order to prove that snow could preserve meat better than salt.

& Lastly, proof that nobody ever died for another person's sufferings: Jesus Christ did not die for our sins -- he was killed on the cross. :deal:

1 person likes this

Posted

I think it's funny that a tax collector had something to do with the Ransom Theory of Atonement...God, the creator, demanding ransom would be like the state taxing itself, like Wal-Mart demanding a refund from Wal-Mart.

Of course, the ironies of intelligent design abound; it's kind of funny after all, that purported manifestations of 'irreducible complexity,' the handiwork of the designer God, have to do with insipid mechanisms by which one entity destroys another.

The Spanish Flu of 1918-1920 was devilishly ironic: it killed, bucking the trends, the young and the strong. Typically, such outbreaks kill the very old and very young. Spanish Flu killed the strong by causing a "cytokine storm," an immune response so strong, that it ended up wiping out the good with the bad. The victims greatest strength became their greatest weakness.