This site is supported by Nobility Studios.

Reintroduce Yourself

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, my name is the Heretic, formerly Campanella, and I am a recovering discussion board addict.

:wave:

I come here for strictly the lulz these days, like posting NFL picks.

Today is my older sister's birthday and we will trek to the best Ethiopian restaurant in town. Of course it's owned by an Eritrean. :mrgreen:

1 person likes this

Posted

My name is davidm. I too am a recovering discussion board addict. I'm in a twelve-step program. :wave:

Mostly these days I write novels and complain.

I also engage in chat here, where tremendous philosophical discussions take place that never become threads because they are blinked into cyber-oblivion as soon as everyone logs out of chat.

:lol: at Ethiopian/Eritrean restaurant.

Posted

We are cybercynics. We do not believe in leaving a record of our best work to corrupt future generations.

:troll:

Posted

:heh:

Posted

Great timing on this thread for me. Well, I'm mosaic and I've been absent for a long while now. One time poster, now mostly sporadic lurker. I've popped in on and off for awhile revisiting older discussions and threads - about three months ago I reread nearly the entire Time and Freewill debate ( over many threads) started by Davidm and continued with Timothy - great freaking discussion! I'm just trying to show my face here every now and then again. Been wondering what's up with everyone. As I said, looks like the creative folk are still creating which is great.

2 people like this

Posted

Welcome back, Mosaic :wave:

After you get the keys to the Writers forum, check out the latest Pantheon Volume! I think it's the best yet. :cheers:

Posted

:welcome: back, and please stay, Mosaic. I actually had the privilege of meeting Heretic in person a few months ago.
1 person likes this

Posted

Forgive me, TGL, its been a few years since my last confession, which is in itself a sin.

But please please tell me...why do new members not introduce themselves anymore? :(

Posted (edited)

Because we have so few new members. :noidea:

Oh, sure, from time to time, people sign up, but generally they never post at all, much less introduce themselves.

In any case, :welcome: back, :violin: , and I hope you will post more of your fiction and your literary crits.

ETA: I don't think this phenomenon is is particular to this place. Message boards had their heyday a decade ago and are in decline; people have struck out for greener pastures on blogs and :puke: Twitter.

Edited by davidm