This site is supported by Nobility Studios.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bullying of sexual/gender minorities

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just for the record, I did not delete the post/tweet on the WW2 alternate history to which Peculiar has linked: it's right there in my Twitter history for anyone to see.

In Peculiar's rush to give that vicious element of his character full expression, (let it out Peculiar, suppression can be perfectly appropriate, but too much is not good for sanity), it seems his brain has stopped working entirely.

And, I should say, Peculiar's "point" about a difference in tone here as opposed to Twitter is remarkably stale- does he mean to suggest that behavior, modes of communication and the veracity of propositional support needs be the same in all contexts? I might freely use the word "fuck" while in the company of friends, but wouldn't do so around my mother.

Twitter's character limit is not exactly conducive to sustained analysis- and, for those interested in "events" (as Cioran uses the term) quite naturally trends towards a greater level of partisanship.

So yes, I think it perfectly appropriate to more "genteel" here.

Edited by DeadCanDance

Posted (edited)

The brilliant author of Confederacy of Dunces was laughing at you, DCD, not with you. Can it be that you and your fellow NRx's are so dense as to not see this?

Sadly, the evidence suggests that the author was a sensitive intellectual gay man living in the vicious, barely post-Jim Crow Deep south of the 1960s. Long before his brilliant novel was published, he killed himself at age 30. Like Van Gogh, he was a man suicided by the sadistic society that surrounded him. A sadistic society that you, DCD, and your reactionary pals, would gladly resurrect. Quite sad for you. You have your cross to bear.

Also, I might point out that your disparagement of people who might not be too smart as being coddled with phrases like "cognitively other-abled" just involuntarily arouses more contempt toward you. Of course, this is just, on your part, a stupid caricature of the efforts of compassionate people not to unduly stigmatize others for character traits over which they have no control. Have you no compassion at all?

It might be worth bearing in mind that some of us have come to the conclusion that YOU are "cognitively other-abled," and morally other-abled besides. But I will continue to try to extend to you the compassion of Schopenhauer, even though you, yourself, have no compassion toward anyone but yourself.

Edited by davidm
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Just for the record, I did not delete the post/tweet on the WW2 alternate history to which Peculiar has linked: it's right there in my Twitter history for anyone to see.

In Peculiar's rush to give that vicious element of his character full expression, (let it out Peculiar, suppression can be perfectly appropriate, but too much is not good for sanity), it seems his brain has stopped working entirely.

The link to your pro-Nazi tweet (your blunted reference to it is amusing) was functioning previously but then led to a page stating that the tweet had been removed. I do see that it is still in your Twitter history, however. As such, I withdraw the claim--I removed it from my previous posts to as to not slander you--and will chalk up the aforementioned phenomenon to some strange glitch.

Edited by PeculiarPhilosopher

Posted

"WW2/alternate history" tweet, LOL. :rofl:

Oh, yes, that's all it was!

Do you never tire of being yourself, DCD? Yes, if Hitler had managed to kill a few million more people, then maybe you, DCD -- the only person in the whole history of the world who actually matters -- might have been spared the gruesome reality of living among some people who are transgendered!

BTW, have you taken a position yet on your ongoing NRx debate about whether the transgendered should be completely shunned (not even spoken to!) or simply regarded as "deluded" ?

:rofl:

2 people like this

Posted

Admin hat on here. I did not close the other thread, but am getting close to it on this one.

Other hat on.

DCD, I am not the banning type if you feel that is something that might happen, but I can say that after reading tweets and other things you have written that I haven't seen before and really got no impression of that from you until reading them (and I didn't use anything people posted here as a reference, as I was still confused over the issue) I can say that I am disappointed. Sad actually.

I hope it is something you can come to grips with in a good way.

Free speech is fine, but I don't want to read yours (and will not anymore). Because I post here and read here I have a vested interest in it being the way I like it. Thus my free speech of not wanting to read yours will include banning if it continues.

-Scott

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Guys, I think we can have this argument without so many insults and personal attacks.

Derrik, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't seen your Twitter feed, and parts of it did concern me. However, I feel you have long been a respected member here, and I understand you suffer from depression*. Therefore, I feel it is only fair that we allow you to explain your position on LGBTs, ethnic minorities, equality, etc. After you've done so, it might turn out there has been some misunderstanding, or I might decide our views are very incompatible, but there's no reason you should feel you have no right to explain your position.

*Somebody very close to me and whom I care very deeply about suffers from depression, and I've learned how important patience and understanding are, so if you ever need a sympathetic ear, just PM me.

Edited by DaveT
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

To clarify on the WW2 post: An even mildly 'disinterested' (from immediate moral signaling) or thoughtful reading of the post would take note of a self distancing, of an epistemic ambivalence. It may be interpreted, without stretch of the imagination, as "pro Nazi;" attempting to self externalize, I myself may have so interpreted the post, but aware of the omnipresent darkly veil of limitation, I would be inclined to further seek the story (beyond the few characters before me) of the post prior to screaming "you pro Nazi limit shitlord!"

What I meant to convey is far more banal than the frantic ridiculousness of Peculiar's moral narrative, as if I've suddenly developed an affinity for Hitler.

Simply put, it's no longer obvious to me, as if some contention beyond question, as if some frivolous tautology, that the outcome, in terms of victory, of WW2 in the actual world order is 'better' than it might otherwise have been.

The literature and interest, I've come to find, in alternate WW2 history is remarkably extensive and diverse.

As is often the case, history is far more problematic than the popularized emergent narratives would lead one to believe.

In reflecting on WW2 and alternate paths, I've just wondered, as expressed in the post, what the world might look like had the Axis 'won.' And even 'victory' here is problematic, as there are many possible paths that might have been traveled down post WW2.

Some of the worst excesses of Mao might never have come to fruition. I wonder what the Middle East would look like today as against its current state- for example, I think an ethnocentrically Jewish state would still have been formed, but it wouldn't have been Israel. What would the world look like had America not become the superpower it went on to be- with a much more relatively isolationist (by today's standards) US? I think of the US led economic sanctions against Iraq back in the 90's that killed hundreds of thousands- one among a range of never to have been actualized possibilities.

Undoubtedly, communism as the central ideological and actual challenger to liberalism in the last century would have died a quicker death...the Vietnam War probably never would have happened...

Sieg hell naw to Peculiar's moral narrative mongering.

Edited by DeadCanDance

Posted (edited)

Importantly, I did attempt to get you to clarify what you meant to get across with your Nazi tweet. I sent you a PM on Oct. 22nd to which you never responded.

Now, beyond this, I strongly suspect that these post hoc efforts at justification are disingenuous. What you fail to make note of, unsurprisingly, is the larger context of your Twitter (namely its being embedded in a far-right corner of the internet, whose inhabitants regularly quote fascists of various stripes, express support for racial separatism, and so on). The tweet in question, considered together with the rest of what you have up there, is reasonably interpreted as pro-Nazi. It's rather stunning that you would seek to blame the pro-Nazi interpretation of your tweet largely on those at TGL, as opposed to considering that it's perhaps your willingness to handle sensitive issues in a crass, ham-fisted fashion that's the issue (if it is indeed the case, which I doubt, that you aren't, in truth, a Nazi sympathizer). Did it not pass through your mind that, just maybe, it would be especially important for you to be clear about your views when you're running with New Right extremists? Also, isn't it interesting that none of the clarifications you've now concocted are to be found on your Twitter? You surely could've added a few more tweets to get the points across. I wonder why you didn't . . . . Could it be that you're lying, after the fact, to cover your ass? I remember some months ago, you used to reference a site, never disclosed, where you would share your bigotry in full force, and said that you were unwilling to provide me with the website address for fear that it would "ruin" my image of you. Your Twitter, I gather, has effectively the same role (maybe slightly more tempered). The genteel, would-be William Buckley, Jr. DCD comes out after one of these embarrassing exposures of your true self occurs, to fabricate a horseshit cover story.

I'm going to scroll through your Twitter--including both what you're written and what you've retweeted--now to give a sense of the "context" of which I speak:

"As Canadian visiting America, bizarre seeing how much of american life is structured around avoiding the problem of dysfunctional blacks."

*You quote an anti-Semite fascist, seemingly with approval, by the name of Francis P. Yockey*

Etc.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Of course you suspect my being "disingenuous;" I would expect, particularly given your failed (and laughable) attempt to paint me as a "coward," nothing less.

My attempt at explication is, of course, no match for your picture painting, narrative mongering- it seems it's paint by numbers for you.

Importantly, you sent me a PM that was outstandingly loaded- it was obvious that you weren't interested in clarification, so I didn't bother to respond.

Also, your attempt to further your narrative, at all costs, by highlighting I tweeted a quote from Francis P. Yockey was so infantile that it actually made me laugh aloud. So what? The Yockey quote is, which involves a lamentation over a certain aspect of Modernity, a sentiment you yourself have expressed time and time again.

You're embarrassing yourself.

As for the 'retweet' though I know you'll insist, regardless of my expounding, that it's proof I don a KKK robe on the weekends, I'll do so anyways. :)

Edited by DeadCanDance

Posted (edited)

Lol. "Share my bigotry." Good god, you are a nasty little fellow, aren't you? Indeed, the site was ground zero for political debate- there were some 10,000 members; 'Twas thoroughly psychotic, to be sure, but a fun outlet. Some of the best politically philosophic discussions I've ever had took place there, but what concerned me, back when I gave a fuck what you thought of me, was the group generally, not my participation therein- a lot of trolls, stupidity, etc.

That said, I would appreciate if you'd keep what I may have revealed to you in private, private...and I'll do the same.

Edited by DeadCanDance

Posted (edited)

I'll reply fully to this latest iteration of mediocre apologia when I'm off this phone. Had to restrain myself again. Fine on the privacy. The following will be a comment on your reply on the "private" remark without revealing anything especially specific. What you've said on why you didn't reveal that site is entirely inconsistent with what you told me, thus likely a complete lie. You explicitly referenced one of the absurd views you expressed on there, without providing anything extensive in the way of detail.

Posted

I didn't write that last post just for shits and giggles, and I'm sure Scotty's last post wasn't entirely in jest, either.

Both of you, before you continue to attack each other, just restrain yourselves from making it too heated. :hand:

I didn't write that last post just for shits and giggles, and I'm sure Scotty's last post wasn't entirely in jest, either.

Both of you, before you continue to attack each other, just restrain yourselves from making it too heated. :hand:

1 person likes this

Posted

That is enough.

I don't give a crap what somebody says on another site, I don't like people being mean to each other and having to "be more right".

I am locking this thread, if I see another bashing of somebody on here, I will stop that too.

I see no point in this. One bit.

-Scott

2 people like this