This site is supported by Nobility Studios.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Richard Dawkins, asshole

5 posts in this topic

Posted

God, what a worthless ass hole Richard Dawkins is.

http://pedestrian.tv/news/arts-and-culture/richard-dawkins-tries-fails-to-backpedal-after-cal/6ce5e61c-5557-4ed5-8b84-46a986b0ac20.htm

Can I be a creationist now? Because I'm moving in that direction just because of Dawkins. 

BTW, nothing is working properly. Trying to use url tags to enclose words yields gibberish. That's why I just posted the link raw. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The most dangerous party member -- in every party there is one who through his all too credulous avowal of the party's principles incites the others to apostasy. 

- Human All Too Human # 298

1 person likes this

Posted

That's very apropos and true! :)

Posted

One of the recent actions on the part of Dawkins and his followers is their religious need to prove that Jesus Christ the "man" didn't exist. And they go about proving this using the same kind of tactics that religious fanatics use. For example, one meme I've read stated that in 227 contemporary books of the period Christ is not mentioned once. Now that's an out right lie, and what's worse is that they know it's an outright lie. Certainly it's possible to make a case that Jesus didn't exist. Having read the contemporary literature I don't buy it. But it's their tactics that annoy me no end.

Posted (edited)

...it's their tactics that annoy me no end.

It's Dawkins' accent that annoys me.

I'm right with him in his insistence that genes rather than species or groups are the focus of natural selection. I agree that god is a delusion (where would we be without all our little delusions to keep us from going mad? I have many of my own, no doubt, but belief in god just happens not to be one of them). But really... how can you take seriously a man who speaks in such plummy oxonian tones?

In the same vein, he was stupid enough to let some hack interview him and lure him into admitting he's a "cultural anglican" who "loves" choral evensong and church bells. Fair enough. But it's no more profound than knowing that Myrtle Gummidge from down the street likes the Apprentice and Strictly Come Dancing. Why should anyone care?

Edited by Peter
1 person likes this